Monday, December 17, 2012

Remember to Remember Them!

Today, I prayed for the children, teachers, families and friends of those who were lost in last week’s violence. I also prayed for those who were lost in the recent mall shootings, and other violent events. And, I included the children who were hurt in the violent attack in China, the two police officers killed outside a store in the Midwest, and their families too.

I’m still avoiding the media news stories as much as I can, but it’s all over the internet and everywhere else. So, to help contribute something positive into the energies surrounding all of this, I’m praying for the healing and recovery of everyone. It’s my way of processing all that’s happening and addressing how it affects me too.

It’s as though there’s this wave of madness breaking out all over the world…and as my mentor, Dr. Masters has often said…that’s exactly what it is.

In one of his Sunday talks, he tells of Jesus’s encounter with Satan while he was in the wilderness. Satan offered him power and the riches of the world, if he’d join him.

Jesus refused, saying he loved us and didn’t want the power or to dominate us. Satan’s reply was…why not…they’ll be easy to control. Just look at them, they’re all insane!

Of course this is just a very general paraphrasing, but you get the point. I’ve often thought of this particular message when I sought to understand and make sense of the crazy, violent things that happen in our world. And, it makes perfectly good sense…it is insanity in every sense of the word.

I understand very well what the families of these victims are going through. I lost my son, and a sister to gun violence on June 21, 1988 and June 26, 1990, respectively; two years apart, almost to the day. It took over 18 years for me be able to get through June without 2 or more weeks of sadness and crying.

Every incidence of gun violence like we’ve had over the last decade or so, brings it all back in a very personal way. So, I pray…for those lost, and even more for those who are left behind because they are the ones who need our help the most.

There’s a lot of attention focused on them now, but soon the energy and attention will shift and they’ll be left to deal with the ‘aftermath’. That’s when they’ll really need our support and love. It’s the darkest and most difficult time of grieving.

So, I ask you to do something in your own way to remember them…for a long time. As you pray now, include a general prayer request in your prayers.

You can simply say, Spirit I send love, light, comfort and healing energy to all those I’ve prayed for in the past who still need your help to heal, recover and move through their losses, health challenges, fear and painful experiences.

I pray for lots of people, but sometimes the names are forgotten over time; or the list gets too long. For me, this felt like an effective way to still support anyone who may still be in need and struggling to heal.

People heal at different rates and sometimes there are setbacks or additional events. This general request provides spiritual support where needed, as long as it’s needed.

I ask you to join me in doing this general request for continual spiritual support as we move forward and lose sight of those who will be in need of love and comfort for a long time.

We are all one! And, by remembering and honoring the many, we also remember and honor ourselves. We all need prayer, comfort and support every day of our lives. This is one way to give our continuous support, even as life goes on.

Love and Light to you always…
Rev Lyn
TheWomanExec.com

No comments:

Post a Comment